Day 1: Saigon – My Tho – Ben Tre – Can Tho (L)
8.00 am: Pick up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City. Depart to My Tho.Take a boat ride along the river, view the stilt houses and the fruit plantation along the river bank. Proceed to Tortoise island and have lunch in the orchard. Enjoy a boat ride through Tan Thach natural canal in Ben Tre, cruising under the shadow of the water coconut trees.
Visit a family business which epitomizes the idyllic rural lifestyle. Enjoy a rowing boat ride along the creeks. After taking a delightful walking through the fruit plantation, village. Proceed to Can Tho. Dinner on the guest’s account. Overnight at your proposed hotel in Can Tho. (Family homestay can be arranged on request.)
Option 1: Stay at a hotel in Can Tho
Check into your hotel on arrival at Can Tho. Free to explore the city on your own in the afternoon. You can also visit a village, meet the local people, have dinner with them and enjoy their music. Overnight at your hotel in Can Tho (3*).
Option 2: Homestay (D)
Transfer by motorboat to a small village in Cai Rang district. Check into your riverside cottage. In the afternoon, go cycling or trekking around the village to experience the rural lifestyle of the Mekong Delta people. Join a family as they prepare dinner, then share the meal with them. Enjoy an evening of traditional folk music with your neighbors. Overnight in your riverside cottage
Day 2: Can Tho – Cai Rang – Saigon (B, L)
7.00 am: After breakfast, taking very early morning boat trip (5.30 am usually recommended) to visit the Cai Rang floating market which is the wholesale market of fruit and vegetable at its busiest at this time of the day. Keep cruising through the small channels system and visit a rice noodle making the village. Experience the “Monkey Bridge” in the Delta. Head towards Phong Dien for the smaller, quieter floating market (optional). Break for lunch. Return to Ho Chi Minh City.
Price from $ 112/person
– Boat trips
– Entrance fees
– Bottled water
– Air conditioner tourist bus
– English speaking tour guide
– Hotel/homestay accommodation
– Meals as indicated in the itinerary
– Personal expenses
– Better hotels 4* or 4*++ can be arranged upon request with a surcharge.
– If your hotel is located on some streets such as Pham Ngu Lao, De Tham, Bui Vien: We can offer free pickup at the hotel (we will reconfirm pickup address possibility and time after the booking is made successfully). Other places: come to the meeting point (220 De Tham, District 1) for pickup at 7.30 am.
– Option homestay included dinner