Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Pu Luong (170 km & 3 hours walk) (L, D)
8.00 am: Depart from your Hanoi hotel and transfer to Mai Chau. Daydream as we drive a safe route with spectacular views around every bend. Upon arrival at Poom Coom village in Mai Chau, we will take a short walk to visit the ethnic Thai people, then lunch will be served at the local home.
14.00 pm: Driving 20 km more to Pu Luong Natural Reserve then start 2 to 3 hours walk through beautiful hillside villages, magnificent rice paddies, seeing handcrafted bamboo water wheels. The highlight on this road is experiencing the beauty of Pu Luong Nature Reserve, the everyday life, and culture of the white Thai people. Become a part of local life when we are welcomed as honored guests at a traditional Thai home on stilts. Here in Hang village we will have a traditional dinner and stay the night.
Day 2: Pu Luong – Mai Chau – Hanoi (B, L)
The daily life here starts early, it will be interesting for you to get up at the first sign of daylight and take part in the activities in the morning, or take a stroll around Hang village before having breakfast with our new Thai friends.
8.00 am: Start a trek inside the Pu Luong Nature Reserve (back on some of the same routes) then onto the main road after a 3 hours walk, the driver will pick us up and transfer to the Poom Coong village for lunch. We should leave Mai Chau at 14.30 pm and end the trip in Hanoi by around 18.00 pm.
Tour price (USD)
– Private transfer with A/C
– English speaking guide
– Meals as indicated
– Home-stay permissions
– Entrance fees & Sightseeing fees
– Travel insurance
– Personal expenses
What to brings
– Change of clothes
– Sunglasses & hat
– Insect repellent
– Good shoes
– Personal first aid kit & medicines
– Small VND notes for buying drinks. If you feel the need then sleeping bags, cable lock for your bags is recommended
– Homestay condition is very basic
– Meals: Vietnam food
– This tour itinerary and tour prices are subject to change without prior notice, please refer to our terms and condition before booking
– Please travel responsibly, the small things you do will make a big difference