Up to present, Ba Trang Pottery Village has still been operating and developing ceaselessly. Dong Ky was at one time known as the ‘firecracker village’. With the firecracker industry now extinguished, the village survives by producing beautiful traditional furniture inlaid with mother-of-pearl. If you wish, you can have handcrafted furniture custom-made here and exported directly to your address abroad. Arranging the payment may prove a bit tricky if you are leaving Vietnam before the final product is produced and shipped. Dong Ky is 15kms north-east of Hanoi.
8h30: Pick up at your hotel in Hanoi, driver to Bat Trang, the famous village is situated approx 15 outside of Hanoi, surrounded by fertile farmland. Watch the artisans forming, painting and glazing their products, which are then baked for several days in huge kilns.
12h00: Lunch at local restaurant.
13h30: Proceed to Dong Ky, the famous traditional wood carving village, Watch carpenters forming, carving and polishing wood products, making decorated pictures by snail, oyster shells. Taking photos & book some wood products by shipment. Return Hanoi. Finish the unforgettable trip at your hotel.
PRIVATE TOUR (USD/PAX)
• Car/Van in the tour.
• English speaking guide.
• Mineral water on the car.
• Insurance in tour.
• All meal at restaurant.
• Entrance fee.
• All airfares, transfers, hotels & visa arrangements.
• All services not clearly included.
• Tip for driver and guide.
• Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, visa expiry date for all passengers.
• A valid passport is required upon check-in onboard.