Ho Chi Minh City (formerly called Saigon), the Economic Capital of Vietnam, has been dynamically developing and keeping booming with modern products and services. Yet its shaded boulevards, pavement cafes and French-styled buildings help it to retain a bygone colonial atmosphere. This whole-day tour will allow tourists to fully explore its historic side throughout colonial structures, its cultural side throughout the biggest pagodas and its busy living and trading rhythm in local markets.
Itinerary Ho Chi Minh City tour full day:
08.00 - 08.30 am: Pick up at your hotel. We will visit the War Crime Museum (This museum tells the story of the war from the Vietnamese perspective. Exhibits include photographs, machinery, and weapons that depict the harsh realities of war).
Continue Thien Hau Temple (One of the most important pagodas in the city, this richly decorated temple is dedicated to Thien Hau, the Goddess of the Sea and patron of sailors. She is said to travel over the oceans on a mat and ride the clouds to wherever she desires). China town (Settled in the late 18th century, this labyrinthine section of Ho Chi Minh City bustles with restaurants, temples, exotic stores, and markets) and Binh Tay market (This is the main marketplace in China Town, where a great deal of wholesale trading occurs. Experience the commotion of this integral part of the city's daily business). Then we have a lunch at the restaurant.
Afternoon: We visit Reunification Hall which was the residence of the President Ngo Dinh Diem of former South Vietnam until 1975 (the 1960s - Apr 1975s). You will see many interesting things: formal meeting rooms, private bedrooms, war situation rooms 10 meters beneath the earth’s level. This address today still holds many important functions in HO CHI MINH CITY.
We have the guide who speaks your language (English speaking tour guide) to tell you important historical facts about this building and some French colonial structures including the Notre Dame Cathedral (Located in the heart of the city, this cathedral was built by the French in the late 1877s. A large statue of the Virgin Mary greets you as you walk into this neo-Romanesque cathedral, adorned by two tall spires flanking either side).
General Post Office (Designed by Gustav Eiffel, the Post Office is a testament to the French presence in the late 1800s. The look and feel of this grand building are like an elegant railway station).
City Hall (Find out why this is one of the most photographed buildings in Ho Chi Minh City. Constructed in the early 1900s, City Hall is a beautiful example of French colonial architecture).
Tour will end around at 17.00 pm in De Tham street - Pham Ngu Lao Street.
PRICE: 45 USD/ pax
– Air conditioner tourist bus (joining the tour)
– Private car/van ( private tour)
– English speaking tour guide
– Entrance fees, lunch (Standard tour without lunch), 01 water bottle/pax
– Personal expenses
– Drop off at your hotel will be added US$ 3.00/person
– Free of charge for the infant (below 3-years-old), other expense pay by parents
– 50% rate of adult for children from 3-7 year old
– 75% rate of adult for children from 8- under 10-years-old
– 100% adult ticket for children over10-years-old
– Two adults bring 2 children, The 2nd child will be charged 100% adult ticket
– With Joining group tour, we will free pick-up (not drop off) at De Tham St, Bui Vien St, Pham Ngu Lao St, Le Lai St, Le Loi St, Le Duan St, Le Thanh Ton St, Dong Khoi St, Dist 1, HCMC, Vietnam.
– Pick up from other streets in District 1: US$ 3.00/person.
– The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels, and operating conditions
– Special request (diet or vegetarian,…) should be sent before your departure date
– Surcharge $5/pax for Lunar New Year, Eve New year, Sep 2nd, April 30, May 1