07.00 am: The tour guide and diver pick you up at your hotel and depart to Mekong Delta.
09.00 am: Arrive in My Tho, embark a made of timber motor boat (20 minutes) to Unicorn Island. On this boat along the river’s bank, you’ll be passing through unpolished creeks, enchanting fisherman's port, stilt houses (half on land, half on water).
From there, we’ll continue to take you to a bee farm where you have a chance to taste a charming cup of unsophisticated honey tea. After that, we walk around peaceful villages and watch the life of rustic people in Mekong Delta.
Moreover, you enjoy the fresh atmosphere and get things small and personnel from this journey now. We get on small row boats within 15 minutes trip, you’ll see all kind of interesting transportation modes that local people use to move around while enjoying the fresh air along the canal and wonderful water coconut tree landscape. Get away from the city that is it all about!
After you enjoy its serenity, let's get back to the large motor boat for something different. You'll explore some orchards along 2 long sides of a canal. Then we cruise to a village where the sweet smell of coconut candies are in the air. To satisfy your curiosity, we'll get to a village that has many small shops that make coconut candy and hand-made items from coconut trees of the Mekong Delta. You might learn that those people can wonderfully make dozens of useful products out of coconut trees. It is actually attached to the villagers' daily life.
11.00 am – 12.00 pm: It’s time to enjoy lunch in My Tho.
After lunch, back Ho Chi Minh, take a short rest before exploring the city with the following sites:
– Reunification Hall which was the mansion of the President Ngo Dinh Diem of former Southern Vietnam until 1975 (the 1960s - Apr 1975s). We have a great chance to see many beautiful things: formal meeting rooms, private bedrooms, war situation rooms 10 meters beneath earth’s level.
– Notre Dame Cathedral (Located in the center of the city, this cathedral was constructed by the French in the late 1877s. A large statue of the Virgin Mary greets you as you walk into this neo-Romanesque cathedral, decorated by two tall spires flanking either side).
– General Post Office (Built by Gustav Eiffel, the Post Office is an evidence to the French presence in the late 1800s. The look and feel of this grand building are like a beautiful railway station).
– City Hall (Find out why this is one of the most impressive buildings in Ho Chi Minh City - Saigon. Built in the early 1900s, City Hall is a wonderful example of French colonial architecture).
17.30 pm: End of the tour at your hotel.
Tour price (USD/person)
– 01 water & tissue/pax
– Private transport: car, boat
– English speaking tour guide
– 01 special Vietnamese lunch - Elephant eared fish
– Entrance fees, fruits, and honey tea and coconut water
– Tips, VAT, and travel insurance
– Drinks and personal expenses