– Day trip to Hoa Lu ancient capital and Tam Coc Grotto
– The 3-days trip to explore Mai Chau valley and Pu Luong Natural reserve
– Experience overnight cruise in Halong Bay for 2 days/ 1night to visit Sung Sot, Luon caves
Day 1: Hanoi – Hoa Lu – Tam Coc
8.00 - 8.30 am: Pick you up at your hotel, then depart to Hoa Lu. Visit the historic capital of Vietnam and the famous ancient temples of Le and the Dinh Dynasties. Then our car will transfer you from Hoa Lu to Tam Coc for lunch around at 12.30 pm.
PM: After lunch, boat trip to visit Tam Coc to see the beauty of the karst formations as you pass along their base and row into one of the many caves carved through the limestone.
Then, cycle for an hour on quiet roads through villages, rice fields, rivers and rocky outcrops in Tam Coc - Bich Dong (around 5 km). Drive back to Hanoi and drop off at your hotel around at 18.00 pm.
Day 2: Hanoi – Mai Chau (L, D)
07.30 – 8.30 am: Pick up at your hotel in Hanoi.
10.00 am: Short break on the way.
11.30 – 12.00 pm: Scenic photo stop of Mai Chau valley/arrive in Mai Chau
12.15 pm: Traditional lunch in the local village (vegetarian meal available)
14.00 – 16.30 pm: Bicycle ride with your tour guide, see farmers working in fields, locals weaving scarves and visit surrounding peaceful villages.
16.30 – 18.00 pm: Free time for cycling, walking, shopping.
18.00 pm: Enjoy the dinner at the homestay. Enjoy the Thai’s ethnic Performance and drink the traditional wine “ruou can”.
Day 3: Mai Chau – Pu Luong – Mai Chau (B, L, D)
07.30 – 8.00 am: Wake up and have breakfast at the homestay.
8.30 – 10.30 am: Transfer to Pu Luong Nature Reserve.
10.30 – 12.30 pm: Trekking in Pu Luong Nature Reserve to explore a stunning cave.
13.00 – 15.00 pm: Enjoy Lunch in the village and enjoy the riding back to Mai Chau by taking another road through the beautiful rural villages.
15.30 pm: Arrive in Mai Chau enjoy your free time to explore the Valley yourself.
18.00 pm: Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 4: Mai Chau Trekking – Hanoi (B, L)
7.30 – 8.00 am: Wake up and eat breakfast
8.00 am: Go with the local tour guide to visit more remote rural villages Na Meo, Na Mo and Xam Pa villages to understand more about their culture and customs.
12.00 pm: Back to the homestay for lunch and check-out
13.00 – 15.00 pm: Free time for shopping and relaxing
15.00 – 15.30 pm: Say goodbye to the family to get on the bus to drive back to Hanoi
18.30 – 19.00 pm: Arrive in Hanoi Old Quater. Drop you off at your hotel.
Day 5: Hanoi – Halong Cruise (L, D)
7.45 – 08.15 am: Pick up from your hotel in Hanoi. Drive to Halong City through the paddy fields in the Red River Delta.
Upon arrival, welcome on board, check in your cabin and have a delicious lunch at the restaurant. Afternoon activities might include a visit to one of the most beautiful caves in Halong Bay, a floating village for bamboo boat riding, an island for relaxing/swimming and a lagoon for kayaking. Back to the boat, you will be able to join a cooking class or a sunset cocktail party before dinner time. The evening is free at your leisure or you can join a squid fishing trip with the crew. Overnight in a private cabin on a sharing cruise.
Day 6: Halong Bay – Hanoi
Morning tea and coffee will be served early. Optional to join a Tai Chi Class on the sundeck or photo hunting in the early morning.
After breakfast, other activities might include (if not arranged on the first day): visiting the cave, cooking class or climbing to the top of an island for a panoramic view of Halong Bay. Then check out and enjoy a fantastic view of the bay, passing many islands and islets (karst formation) on the way back to harbor.
Around 12.30 pm: Transfer back to Hanoi.
17.00 pm: Arrive in Hanoi. End of the trip.
Price from $ 310/person
– Biking trip in Mai Chau
– Meals as indicated above
– English speaking tour guides
– Roundtrip transfer by A/C van
– Entrance fees and sightseeing fees
– Homestay/bungalow in Mai Chau
– Traditional dance show & can wine
– Boat trip and kayaking trip in Halong
– Private cabin on sharing junk on Halong Bay
– Peak season surcharge
– VAT & travel insurance
– Drinks & Personal expenses
– Hotel accommodation in Hanoi
– Pick up outside Old Quarters area
– Standard tour: 3* Halong cruise (Lavender, V'Spirit, Majestic, Phoenix or similar) + homestay in Mai Chau
– Deluxe tour: 4* Halong cruise (La Pinta, Syrena, Paloma, Sealife, Pelican or similar) + superior bungalow in Mai Chau
– Combo excludes hotel in Hanoi which can be arranged upon request
– The order of tours in this combo might be changed subject to availability